Pages

AdSense 1

Monday, April 30, 2012

The sign says – Free left turn


I was on my way to my office when I saw few cops dressed in white ( it was day time and I mean traffic police) arranging some flashy orange colored cones for a separate drive way. It didn’t strike my mind at first,  then and I took the left lane from the Karachi Bakery @ the Mozamzahi Market and headed towards Lakdi-ka-pul. The scene I saw there was something similar to what I had seen around 3 minutes back (no I don’t drive that fast, I could reach there in 3 minutes only because there was no traffic). Yes, the traffic police were busy arranging these cones again. Then I began to realize that this was regarding the new rule that is being followed from today that ‘Free Left turns’ are available at certain junctions in the city and those who obstruct the drive way will be fined.
                I guess I was the first person to see how it began today with the arrangement of cones and at certain places, written on the road in bright white bold letters – FREE LEFT TURN . Then again on my way back home I also saw some people getting fined because they were obstructing traffic. The traffic that wanted to use the free left. The reason being that they were not aware of the rule because they did not read the newspaper. It had been proven time and again that anything that is free is not always appreciated by some. What was meant to be a boon has now become a bane for others.
Hyderabad Traffic Police have claimed that this will help in smooth flow of traffic during rush hours. Well I hope that it will surely help. Oh, the most important point…did I tell you that I was stuck in a traffic jam for 30 minutes during a non-rush hour because of the congestion caused due to the free left ?? Anyway they’ll find a solution to that too. Cheers and enjoy the free left. And and and please don’t forget to read the newspaper before you leave, because the law says that – IGNORANCE OF THE LAW IS NO EXCUSE . 

No comments:

Post a Comment