Pages

AdSense 1

Monday, August 13, 2012

Cries of the child

A minor change in plans  early in the morning, is what made me write this article. Normally I leave on time for college, but today I decided to start a bit early. What that resulted in was that it made me witness a sight which reminded me of my own school days i.e of a child being reluctant to go to school. While there are  children who have access to all the facilities,comfort and needs,  there are also some children, who cannot afford to meet their basic needs forget about their dreams. They toil day in and day out only to get a morsel of food and survive.

India is sadly the home to the largest number of child labourers in the world. Poverty, lack of social security, irresponsibility are the main causes of child labour. The video attached (below) to this post is a short film (pictorial) that was prepared by me and also won me and my friends (Ajit & Abhi) many awards and appreciation. Therefore, I considered it apt to name the post after the video.


You will not be surprised if I tell that children are being used as domestic workers and street vendors/sellers. I would also like to relate this with an incident. I was returning from my swimming session ( an year ago) and as I stopped at the red light, there came in a group of little kids with some toys, flowers and hair clips. They started knocking the windows of every car and also requested people like me who were on a bike to purchase something from them. When asked why, the response was - "Agar bechega nahi to khayega kaise saab ? " ( If I dont sell, how will I eat) . There are many organisations who are currently protecting childrens rights and their childhood and I could recall one such organisation/foundation at that moment i.e Child Line and I dialed 1098 and gave them the details.

So the next time you come across any such activitiy, you know the number. Lend a hand, there aren't many helping hands to hold the needy ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment